Information, Authorization and Consent
The Grief Spot offers support and guidance to individuals, families and professional care givers needing assistance in mourning and moving through grief triggered by a major life changing event. The Grief Spot does not offer mental health therapy.
The Grief Spot is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis, medical treatment, or therapy. You should seek the advice of your physician or qualified mental health provider with any questions you may have regarding any mental health symptom or medical condition. Do not disregard professional psychological or medical advice nor delay in seeking professional advice or treatment because of something we have discussed in a counseling session or because of something you have read on The Grief Spot website.
To successfully move through the process of mourning, it is important that you (client) actively engage in the different processes provided. If at any time, I feel my services are not helping you move forward through their grief, or, if through discovery, I learn you need assistance with multiple issues of loss, a referral to a mental health therapist will be provided. I do encourage you to let me know, at any time, if they would like to transfer to a mental health therapist.
Confidentiality and Records
Effort to protect the confidentiality of your communications with me are conducted at follows:
- Video Conferencing calls meet HIPPA confidentiality requirements. Video calls are not recorded. Any emails exchanged during the session, with or without attachments, are stored in a cloud provided by the platform. As a registered client you will have access to your own records at any time. All email and resource communication exchanges will be printed, filed with your paper record and stored in a locked cabinet.
- Phone sessions are not recorded and calls are made to clients from made from a private single line.
- Emails sent to the Grief Spot website firstname.lastname@example.org are not encrypted. If you elect to communicate to me via email please be aware, the information could be compromised. My process is to remove email communications from my computer and store print versions in clients’ personal records.
- Client Information: All of our communications and your personal data will be kept completely confidential with the following exception: 1) You submit written instructions to your medical provider for me to “Release Information”; 2) I determine you are a danger to yourself or to others and as such will report concerns to the proper authorities; 3) you report information to me about abuse to a child, and elderly person, or a disabled individual who may require protection or 4) I am ordered by a judge to disclose information.
Structure and Cost of Sessions
- Counseling sessions for individuals and home relocation support are charged at an hourly rate. Packaged rates are available to care communities seeking grief counseling for staff. Please contact me at email@example.com for pricing.
- Fee schedules will be shared with you under a separate document and delivered simultaneously with The Grief Spot Information, Authorization and Consent form.
- If you need to cancel a session, you must notify me at least 24 hours in advance.
- If such advanced notice is not received you will be charged a LATE CANCELLATION at my discretion.
- If you fail to show up for a session, you will be charged a NO-SHOW fee of up to the cost of a full session at my discretion.
- All charges are out-of-pocket expenses as insurance carriers will not cover these charges.
- Each grief counseling session is scheduled for 60 minutes. If you are late to the appointment (video conferencing, phone or in-person) the session will end at the originally allotted time.
- All clients are required to provide and retain on file with The Grief Spot, a valid credit/debit card in advance of the delivery of services. All card information is stored via a reputable security service.