“New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.”
Mourning Grief Triggered by Change
The experience of change, both large and small, can lead to feelings of grief. Some experiences of change, like those listed below, are often overlooked as events that trigger feelings of grief, making it difficult to get the support needed to mourn.
Yet, mourning our grief is how we come to understand the ways in which changes in our lives are impacting our sense of self and place in the world. Mourning also helps us find acceptance with our newly emerging lives.
The process of mourning is often painful. Having a companion or guide to listen to your sorrows, without judgment or quick solutions and stand beside you as you move through your feelings of loss are essential to your coming to see new meaning in your life.
The Grief Spot provides empathetic and person-centered guidance in mourning grief triggered by changes listed below:
- Decline in health (yours or a significant others)
- Retirement / job loss / career change
- Having to move
- Caregiver Responsibilities
- Separation/distance from loved ones
- Pet Loss
Experiences listed above combined with the following changes in behavior are indications you may need support in moving through your grief:
- Increased agitation or anger
- Eating more or eating less
- Sleeping more or sleeping less
- Withdrawal from friends and family
- Increased illnesses
- Excessive use of alcohol or non-prescription drugs
If this describes you, please reach out. I would be happy to talk with you to see how I can best support you in mourning your grief so that you can feel better. Go to my Contact page to schedule a complimentary 20 minute consultation.
Grief Support Services:
Support available by appointment only:
- Online via HIPPA compliant video conferencing
- In-person (within a limited geographic area)